I'll Tell You What I Know - POEM (repost)

I’d tell you what I know
but you may not agree
I’d tell you what I know
but you might take offense
You might find it insulting
And you might find it cold and callous
But I’d tell you what I know

I’ll tell you what I know
but you’d probably take a pot-shot at me
I’d tell you what I know
but you’d probably lecture me
You’d probably offend me
And I’d find it cold and callous
And so I won’t tell you what I know

But I know about life; I’m alive
I know about love; t has no prerequisites before you can receive it
I know about lust; I’ve chased after it countless times
I know about sorrow; I’ve loved and lost
I know about pain; I’ve hidden behind its walls
I know about pride; I have a wife and child

But I’ll tell you what I want you to know;
I know who I am
And whether or not I display
Certain traits or signs
That you may or may not approve of
I am who I am
And I rejoice in that fact
Because I am not you

© Dean R Boic 2016



Comments

  1. Hi, my name is Charlotte from Page Turner Awards.
    I stumbled upon your site and wondered if you may be interested in entering our awards. Our Book Award has Best Book Cover, Best Series, Best Co-Authored Book amongst others like winning an audiobook prize, a book adaptation to film or a publishing package.
    Our prize fund value is 30K. We’d love to invite you to enter at https://pageturnerawards.com. We have an early bird discount we can offer you with this half price code: 22TTikAFB15 which is valid until 15 Feb.
    We also run Book Luver, which is an avid reading community with an 80K mailing list. You may be interested in promoting your book to our readers. We are launching a new site soon with lots of new ways for authors to promote their books and share them to our readers. Find more info here: https://bookluver.com/book-luver-for-authors

    Hope to see you at the awards or on Book Luver!
    Regards,
    Charlotte


    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts