Working On A New Song - POEM

WORKING ON A NEW SONG

Jamming the guitar
Creating new riffs
Making up lyrics
About whatever’s
On my mind
I get something going
I get into it
I work the song
I play it over
A few times
I get the gist of it
Then I start all over
I perfect it
Until I feel it’s ready
I say, “Okay, nailed it,”
And then
I go over to my wife
With my acoustic guitar
And I say,
“Hey, babe, I got a new song.”
She wants me to show it to her
So I get comfy
Start playing the song
I play the guitar
It sounds about right
Then I start to sing
I’m doing okay
Then
I forget the chords
And the key to sing in
It all goes to shit
And I say, “Fuck it,
Let me go over it again.”
I go back to my studio;
Not really a studio,
But a room
Where I keep my guitars;
And
Start all over
Again



© Dean R Boic 2016 (image courtesy of drawception.com)


Comments

Popular Posts