POEM: Black Out



I was there
But not there
I was conscious
But not cognizant 
You wouldn't have guessed it
Neither would I
Had I been you
The world was spinning
Like a luminescent rainbow 
I was in a tunnel
Outside the building
Where the party took place
My senses were enhanced
Everything was enhanced
Yet 
Nothing made sense
Yet
It felt like it did
Having had quite a bit
Having imbibed quite a lot
2 hours of my memory
Just gone
Complete and utter
Black out
God knows
What happened in that space
Of time
I awoke in my bed
With scratches all over
And a sticker on my arm
With my nickname
I had conversations
I met people
From what i heard
Yet
I remember nothing
Was it a quantum leap?
Did I enter some parallel universe?
No,
Not quite
I simply
Blacked out
Exhilarating
Horrifying
Stupid even
Yet
I made it home
By some miracle
And awoke in my bed
None the wiser
But none the worse
I simply 
Blacked out
But i do remember
There was a tunnel 
And i passed through it;
The gateway
Between sobriety
And complete and utter
Black out,
Or if you will;
Alcohol-induced
Memory loss
And i'm sure that you
And you,
And you
Have experienced this phenomenon
Maybe not the tunnel
Maybe not in the literal sense
But the
Alcohol-induced
Memory loss
Or if you will
A black out

© Dean R Boic 2015

Comments

Popular Posts